We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
– full name;
– mailing or street address;
– email address;
– telephone number;
– age or birth date;
– your employment-related information if you apply for a position with us;
– profession, occupation or job title;
– details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
– any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
– information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
– through your access and use of our website;
– when you apply for a position with us;
– during conversations between you and our representatives which may occur in person, by phone or through social media;
– when you provide us with feedback on our products or services, either through our in-store feedback forms or online; or
– when you buy products or services from us.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
– from third party companies such as recruitment agents, credit reporting agencies, marketing agencies and other service providers.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics to record information relating to the number and types of visitors to our website. We track this information anonymously to help us analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements through the website, and gather broad demographic information.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
– we may not be able to provide requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
– we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions;
– we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful; or
– if you are applying for a position with us, we may be unable to consider your application.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
– to provide products and services to you,
– to send you communications you have requested;
– to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
– to assess the performance of the website and to improve its operation;
– to conduct business processing functions which may include providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
– for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Oliver’s Real Food Limited, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
– to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
– to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
– if you have applied for a position with us, to evaluate your application;
– to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
– to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
TO WHOM MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to:
– our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
– our share registry;
– suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, recruitment and related purposes;
– and any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax, email and social media posts, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of these methods. You consent to our direct marketing from the time you accept communications from us.
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request we amend it. In this instance, you can contact our Privacy Officer directly (via mail or email – see the details below) with your request and corrected information.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY?
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure of the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary, your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise you of the outcome and to invite you to respond to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
– our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in Australia and the US.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
Oliver’s Food for Life
PO Box 3678
Tuggerah NSW 2259